Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Concentration 11


The Lonesome Child   
Pencil 
7" x 10.5"

For my 10th concentration, the medium I used for The Lonesome Child is pencil.  I took the picture of the statue and added a different background.  This background gives depth to the entire picture.  The diagonal wall points toward the statue, which shows the importance of the statue. The flower petals at the bottom of the page also point towards the statue.  The Pencils I used for this piece is a 2H, HB, 2B, 4B, and 6B. I also used a shading utensil, which gives a smooth look to the dark shadows.  I used the stippling method to give a worn look to the statue. I used a kneaded eraser to lift parts of the pencil to give a lighter effect. This adds to the statues worn look.  I really enjoyed drawing this picture mainly because of the detail in the statue.





No comments:

Post a Comment